Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency is committed to safeguarding the privacy of individuals while collecting essential data to understand how Tamariki /children in New Zealand commute to and from school.
Why We Collect Personal Information
We collect personal information in an anonymised manner to assess and evaluate behavior change programs, infrastructure projects, and overall mode shift trends. This aids in building a comprehensive understanding of changes over time.
We take your privacy seriously and only collect personal information when necessary to provide services and perform our essential functions.
What Personal Information We Collect:
- For teachers: Name, email address, school name, information about communications with us, and the use of our services.
- For classrooms: Class dataset names, class size, and modes of travel to school.
When We Collect Personal Information:
- We collect this information at registration, and as the tool is used over time to collect the mode to school data. The website is hosted by Amazon Web Services in its servers in Sydney, Australia on behalf of Waka Kotahi and your information will be held securely in these servers.
- We take all reasonable steps to ensure that information about you which is stored or processed by our third-party service providers or agents is protected from loss, unauthorised access and disclosure, or any other misuse. We satisfy ourselves that our providers meet high data security standards.
- We only keep your information for as long as we need it for the purposes we collect it for, or as required by law.
How We Use Your Information
In addition to in-classroom learning, the collected information may be used for confirming identity, providing services, statistical analysis, and general administrative and business purposes.
Sharing of Information
We will not share your personal information with any third parties, except for the relevant local authority who is running a programme or project at your school. We may share your personal information:
- With your explicit permission to share with another agency or person.
- With agents, professional advisors, or others with a reasonable need for access.
- With service providers, contractors, or researchers, whether based in New Zealand or overseas.
- As required or authorised by law, including law enforcement purposes or to protect our business, users, or others.
Website Analytics: We collect the following information about your website usage for analytical purposes without associating it with your identity, except when responding to security or safety issues:
- IP address
- Search terms
- Accessed pages, clicked links, and downloaded documents
- Date and time of site visit
- Referring site
- Screen resolution and device details
- Web browser or operating system information
By using our website, you agree to the terms outlined in this Privacy Statement. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see the Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency general privacy statement for further information on how we collect, store, and use personal information.